Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Beginning



Hello, my name is Joe Hardy.
This is my own observations of my time that I have spent here in this institution , Happy Acres.
My dream was to open up my own home to help out my community.
With a little financial assistance I was able to continue my education and finish medical school.
I am a former patient myself and with the guidance of my physician I was able to reach a full recovery.
To be honest I do have an occasional set back but it is fully manageable with help from my therapist, Dr.Viktor Krebbles. I don't think this will interfer with the rehabilitation of my patients who will be arriving very shortly.


Now , my next goal is to find a suitable facility for me and my patients. I would like to find a home to make them feel more comfortable. And I a looking for modestly priced home. But, mostly I wanted to extend my gratitude to my community by opening up a group home for patients that have similar symptoms such as mine. So, with what little cash I managed to save plus some financial assistance from my local town. I was awarded a grant to renovate this home . I searched the local newspaper and found this home listed for a fairly good price. It needs a little fixing up but hopefully my meager income will be enough to get by for now.


As humble and desolate it appears , I think I can make this a comforting home for my patients.
The plumbing is in need of repair not to mention the furnishings are all donations from our local second hand store. But , I think we will manage.
I know it will be a challenge and some sacrifices will be necessary but I think I can be a huge comfort for these lost souls.

No comments: